We’ve shown that great products at affordable prices can also be ethically sourced. As well as visiting dozens of factories every year, our audits make sure each supplier meets our ethical and product quality standards.
We work only with suppliers who, amongst other requirements, can prove:
- A total ban on child labour.
- All work is voluntary – no prison or bonded labour, or workers sourced through human trafficking.
- Working conditions are healthy, safe and respectful– that includes the basics, like having proper sanitary facilities and access to medical attention, but also covers things like a zero-tolerance for discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Workers are properly paid – that means wages for regular working hours will be at least in line with local minimum rates, and pay will more than cover workers’ basic needs.
- Work hours are reasonable – that means regular work hours should be under 48 hours a week, and any overtime will be voluntary and properly paid.
- Factories meet local minimum environmental standards and are able to trace the origin of all their materials.
- Workers are free to participate in collective bargaining.
- They operate with business integrity – a zero-tolerance for fraud, bribery or inappropriate gifting.