Who we are:
Torpedo7 is New Zealand's largest multi-channel outdoor adventure retailer, with 18 stores nationwide and a dedicated webstore. We are unique in NZ in that our stores have all sorts of toys and experts under one roof - bike, camp, tramp, water, snow and moto. We are also part of The Warehouse Group, meaning there is plenty of scope for career development and staff benefits that extend well beyond the traditional outdoors industry.
At Torpedo7 the work comes easy when you love what you do. We are so passionate about the gear we sell that you will see us out there on the Snow, track, trails and anywhere an outdoor adventure is to be had.
We seek passionate full and part time ski and snowboard experts to join us for the winter season – as you’ll know a great Ski Boot Fitter is the key to a great day on the slopes! We have vacancies within our Albany store!
Torpedo7 is the place to come for knowledgeable and credible Ski Boot Fitters - we have the opportunity to shape our customers experience by providing the proper boot fit for them and displaying exemplifying customer service.
Ski boot fitting is not all glory and powder though; your time is spent manhandling feet and then customising boots to fit feet that are as unique as a snowflake. It's a demanding but ultimately satisfying job.
The ideal applicant will be an avid skier or snowboarder with a technical mindset. You must possess strong customer service skills in person, be able to communicate effectively, and be able to maintain a positive attitude in a demanding environment.
Reporting into the Store Manager your key responsibility is to fit and mould ski/snow boots, and do basic binding mounts. You will do this by:
· Recommending appropriate ski boots based on ski ability and foot type
· Foot analysis and problem diagnosis
· Identifying customers’ needs and providing sound advice around piste, slack country and back country requirements.
· Customize ski boot shells and liners
· Driving to deliver the full experience and meeting sales targets.
· Making sure stock is on hand and merchandised well
To be successful you will have:
· An obvious passion for the snow and outdoors.
· Ideally two previous seasons fitting and customizing ski boots, snow hardware and accessories.
· Knowledge of technical and non-technical aspects of various ski hard-good brands.
· Effective communication skills, oral and written.
· Strong sense of customer service and safety awareness.
· Knowledge of the brands we sell is certainly beneficial.
Working with us is not just a job, it's a way of life and when you're passionate about what you do work comes easily. We get a buzz from sharing this excitement and we know that it's just as important that we get out there too. We also offer awesome benefits such as unbelievable team discounts, opportunities for growth and getting 'out there'.
If you're keen to see if you have what it takes, apply now!
We have permanent and fixed term roles available working 30 hours a week.
SEE YOU OUT THERE!