Torpedo7 is New Zealand's largest multi-channel outdoor adventure retailer, with 17 stores nationwide and a dedicated webstore. We are unique in NZ in that our stores have all sorts of toys and experts under one roof - bike, camp, tramp, water, snow and moto. We are also part of The Warehouse Group, meaning there is plenty of scope for career development and staff benefits that extend well beyond the traditional outdoors industry.
At Torpedo7 the work comes easy when you love what you do. We are so passionate about the gear we sell that you will see us out there on the track, trails and anywhere an outdoor adventure is to be had.
What is the role?
This role requires excellent knowledge of bikes and the industry and will see you working unsupervised whilst also being able to keep your cool in stressful situations.
It is essential the successful candidate can ensure bikes are built to industry safety standards. Knowledge of our current range and the ability to fit bikes is a bonus.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently searching for a passionate Bike Mechanic who can deliver across the board and especially to our high-end tech customers.
The successful applicant will have:
· A Customer-centric approach an in-depth knowledge of all things Bike
· Bike mechanising experience
· Experience undertaking all levels of repairs including building and deconstructing all styles of bikes, bleed brakes, service forks and shocks, replace bearings, bearings overhaul, replace chain drives, tune gears including DI2, build and true wheels
· A passion for bikes and the industry
· A genuine desire to help people get into the sport but also have the confidence and experience to sell
· A minimum of one year experience working in a bike workshop
What’s in it for you?
Our passionate people enjoy careers that provide inspiring experiences, exciting challenges and amazing benefits. They also know that Torpedo7 is committed to developing its talent, which allows for a wide scope of amazing opportunities as the business continues to grow. We are also part of The Warehouse Group, meaning there is plenty of scope for career development and staff benefits that extend well beyond the traditional outdoors industry.
If this sounds like you, please follow the link below https://www.thewarehousegroup.co.nz/careers
We’ll See You Out There!
**Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.